We have our own College Nurse, who holds the following surgeries during full term:
Monday: 9.30am-12pm and 1-2pm
Tuesday: 9.30am-12pm and 1-2pm
Thursday: 9.30am-12pm and 1-2pm
The College Nurse is available to discuss, in confidence, any issues related to physical and mental health.
If you would like to make an appointment, please book here: College nurse appointments
If you are unable to find a suitable appointment time, please email the nurse on firstname.lastname@example.org and she will try to arrange an alternative appointment.
If you have an urgent health query that you need the nurse to deal with on the day, please call 01223 762239 during her working hours (as noted above).
Please note: the College Nurse is not in on Bank Holiday Mondays during Term.
Out of hours:
If you need medical help/advice, you can contact:
· the Porters for First Aid advice (01223 762100) or email@example.com , if you are resident in Murray Edwards
· a local pharmacist for minor ailments
· NHS 111 (available across the UK) or your own GP Surgery
· In more serious cases please attend A&E at Addenbrooke's Hospital (or the A&E nearest to where you are living over the holidays)
· For life threatening emergencies call 999 for an ambulance
· For help in the event of a Mental Health issue please dial 111 and select option 2. This is available in the UK 24 hours a day.
· The Samaritans can be contacted on 116 123 or click to open link: Samaritans
· Lifeline, a Cambridgeshire and Peterborough mental health helpline contactable between 11am to 11pm every day on Freephone: 0808 808 2121
· Shout, a free, confidential, 24/7 text messaging support service for anyone struggling to cope – text 85258.
In addition to college services you can contact the university counselling services https://www.counselling.cam.ac.uk/studentcouns as is the Disability Resource Centre (DRC) https://www.disability.admin.cam.ac.uk
If you test positive for Covid19 please self-isolate in your room and email the Porters’ Lodge on firstname.lastname@example.org to inform them you are in isolation (only applicable if staying at college).
Further information related to Coronavirus can be found at:
Medical Taxi Scheme
Murray Edwards has a Medical Taxi Scheme which can be authorised by the nurse or one of the Tutors. A nominal charge for this scheme is added to the termly College bills for all undergraduates and postgraduates who live in College accommodation. Taxis authorised under this scheme can be used for local travel to emergency and scheduled medical appointments, as well as transport to lectures in the event of a temporary health problem that makes cycling or walking difficult.