This page describes the Publication Scheme, in accordance with the Freedom of Information Act (2000).
This publication scheme follows the model prepared and approved by the Information Commissioner.
This College makes information available to the public as part of its normal activities. The information covered is included in the classes of information mentioned below, where this information is held by the College.
The College intends:
- to publish or otherwise make available as a matter of routine, information which is held by the authority and falls within the classifications below
- to specify the information which is held by the College and falls within the classifications below
- to publish or otherwise make available as a matter of routine, information described in this scheme
- to publish the methods by which information is routinely made available so that it can be easily identified and accessed by members of the public
- to review and update on a regular basis the information the authority makes available under this scheme
- to produce a schedule of any fees charged for access to information which is made available
- to make this publication scheme available to the public
Classes of Information
The classes of information will not generally include:
- Information the disclosure of which is prevented by law, or exempt under the Freedom of Information Act, or is otherwise properly considered to be protected from disclosure
- Information in draft form
- Information that is no longer readily available as it is contained in files that have been placed in archive storage, or is difficult to access for similar reasons
The method by which information published under this scheme will be made available
The College will indicate clearly to the public what information is covered by this scheme and how it can be obtained.
Where it is within the capability of the College, information will be provided on its website. Where it is impracticable to make information available on its website or when an individual does not wish to access the information by the website, the College will indicate how information can be obtained by other means and provide it by those means.
In exceptional circumstances some information may be available only by viewing in person. Where this manner is specified, contact details will be provided. An appointment to view the information will be arranged within a reasonable timescale.
Information will be provided in the language in which it is held or in such other language that is legally required. Where an authority is legally required to translate any information, it will do so.
Obligations under disability and discrimination legislation and any other legislation to provide information in other forms and formats will be adhered to when providing information in accordance with this scheme.
Charges which may be made for information published under this scheme
The purpose of this scheme is to make the maximum amount of information readily available at minimum inconvenience and cost to the public.
Material which is published and accessed on the College's website will be provided free of charge.
Charges may be made for information subject to a charging regime specified by Parliament.
Charges may be made for actual disbursements incurred such as:
- postage and packaging
- the costs directly incurred as a result of viewing information
Against each entry we have indicated the manner in which the information described will be available. In those instances where a charge applies it will be necessary to supply the Freedom of Information Officer with a stamped addressed envelope with a stamp affixed sufficient for the posting an A4 envelope. If the costs of photocopying and postage are significantly higher, or time required for collation are non-trivial we will contact you with a request for additional payment.
Charges may also be made for information provided under this scheme where they are legally authorised, they are in all the circumstances, including the general principles of the right of access to information held by public authorities, justified and are in accordance with a published schedule or schedules of fees which is readily available to the public.
Information held by the College that is not published under this scheme can be requested in writing, when its provision will be considered in accordance with the provisions of the Freedom of Information Act.
If you have a complaint, then information is provided.